- Thou shalt not perpetuate systems of oppression or marginalization, but instead actively work to dismantle them and promote equity and justice for all.
- Thou shalt not ignore or dismiss the experiences and perspectives of marginalized groups, but instead listen deeply and learn from their wisdom and lived experiences.
- Thou shalt not prioritize individual gain or profit over the well-being of the community and the planet, but instead work towards sustainability and collective well-being.
- Thou shall cultivate a deep sense of compassion and empathy towards all living beings, recognizing their inherent worth and dignity.
- Thou shalt not engage in harmful or destructive behaviors towards oneself or others1, but instead prioritize physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- Thou shall continuously seek knowledge, growth, and learning, embracing new ideas and perspectives with curiosity and openness.
- Thou shalt not engage in dishonest or deceitful practices in one’s personal or professional life, but instead cultivate a spirit of honesty and transparency in all dealings.
- Thou shall actively work towards building bridges and promoting understanding and collaboration between diverse individuals and communities2.
- Thou shalt use one’s power and privilege to uplift and empower those who have been historically marginalized or oppressed.
- Thou shall recognize the interconnectedness of all beings and the environment, and work towards creating a more just, equitable, and sustainable world for all.
The above guidelines were sent to us, for the road towards a better world, by an unnamed comrade from the front lines of the cognitive war on oppression.
We publish them as inspiration and discussion material as the Artel community grows.
We’re keeping the masculine form because these reminders will be of most use to male (especially cishet) people. But take it personally, whoever you are.